In the 1920’s, brothers Dahyabhai V Patel and Raojibhai V Patel arrived in Fiji from Dharmaj (Gujarat State) in India and worked hard and established a grocery business named “D.V. Patel & Sons” in 1926 in the outskirts of Korovuto, Ba.
Years passed and in 1960’s, the brothers, Raojibhai and Manubhai established their Grocery and Hardware as R. C. Manubhai & Company on Ganga Singh Street, Ba Town in the western part of Viti Levu. Ramanbhai and Chandrakant Patel also joined in this venture helping the business grow and move to a new location in 1969 at the Ba Market Sub-Division which is today R.C. Manubhai’s head office.
The Korovuto store was closed down in late 1970’s and Jayantibhai joined the family business. In the mid 1980’s, the Manubhai family decided to move their entire focus to Hardware, Building Materials, Structural Steel and Engineering supplies to cater for the increasing demand from the Construction, Sugar Milling, Mining, Engineering and Utilities sectors.
Despite disastrous fires in the earlier years, devastating hurricanes, cyclones and floods, and the effects of the various coups in Fiji, the company stood stern on it vision and continued to grow to today having eleven major retail outlets in Fiji.